Today, I will be reviewing a lip shade from MAC’s latest range of Retro Matte Liquid Lipsticks. The launch of this line was their first step into the world of velvety Lips. At first, they released 15 shades which were mostly in purples and pinks and I must say they were highly pigmented and super smooth to apply on the lips. As a part of this ongoing series they launched 12 more shades in deep and muted tones and I will be reviewing the MAC Retro Matte Liquid Lipstick in shade “High Drama.” So let’s get started.
It is a liquid lipstick formula, which offers full coverage and a completely matte finish to the lips. No matter which shade you choose, you will get a feeling of glamour that is hard to forget.
My thoughts on the MAC High Drama Retro Matte Liquid Lip Colour:
- Packaging: High Drama is a dark plum color which will suit all skin tones perfectly especially if we talk about the dark skin tones. The lip color comes in a glass bottle with simplicity and elegance. It contains the codes of the brand and the cap of the lipstick is the same as other MAC lipsticks which make it a perfect member of the family.
- Texture: It applies easily on the lips and is very creamy while being liquid in texture. But you will have to apply it quickly as once out of the tube it dries pretty fast.
- Application: I love the applicator. It’s really smooth, allows easy swipes and helps to define and perfect the lip shape.
- Color: The color is dark plum and it’s veraciously bold. It totally stole my heart away. It covers pigmentation well and provides sheer coverage to the lips.
- Staying Power: It stays on pretty long. If you have a heavy meal it can last for 3-4 hours and a good 6-7 hours after light meals. In case you have to touch up, you won’t face the problem of cakey lips.
- Occasion: I would personally use this shade when I’m going for a night around the town or for those big functions we all have to attend once in a while. Or once in a while when to make a statement. *wink*
Pricing:Investing in a MAC lipstick is a dream of every girl. This shade will cost you INR 1850.
- The packaging is simple and elegant
- Veraciously Bold color
- It’s easy to do touch ups without that cakey feeling on your lips
- The applicator offers precision and helps to define the lips well
- Being matte, it’s a little drying formula. I recommend using a lip balm underneath
- Less Pocket-Friendly
So, would I buy it again?
I have a fair skin tone, and when I apply it, it gives a statement look. I personally love striking colors. I would definitely repurchase this shade and would also recommend it.
My Rating: 4/5