The Choco Monarch Coffee Shop is a concept café and chocolataria emphasizing on the growing trend of café which can be easily seen in the Middle East region.
They invited me for an evening to dive into the luscious delicacies – French Crepes, Waffles, Pancakes, freshly baked cakes and array of hot and cold beverages. And being a sugar tooth, how could I say No 😉
I ordered for their speciality Monarch Waffle, a fruit bowl dessert and my favorite Mocha Frappe! And I’ll be honest, it was one of the best waffle experiences for me. They literally transported me to the chocolate heaven. The waffle was freshly baked and drizzled in a thick chocolate syrup and exotic fruits, I totally savored it. I wish you could reach right through your screen and grab a bite! Mmmm…
Strategically located in the Uptown Jumeirah in the J3 Mall and other great location such as busy business district of Deira inside the Al Ghurair Centre Mall, Bur Dubai inside the Computer Plaza & with its expansive menu to offer, Choco Monarch is a must try for the perfect blend of contemporary and innovative delights.
There are times when we feel saddened and depressed with adverse situations and unfavorable circumstances. During such conditions, motivation can be difficult to come by, and so are the smiles.
These 15 offbeat thoughts on life will surely bring a scintillating smile on your face and will redefine your perspective towards life.
1. We mature with the damage, not with the years.
2.You don’t have to be positive all the time. It’s perfectly okay to feel sad, irritated, annoyed, frustrated, scared, or anxious. Having feelings doesn’t make you a ‘Negative Person’. It makes you Human.
3. Monsters are real and they look like people.
4. I like people with depth. I like people with emotions. I like people with a strong mind, an interesting mind, a twisted mind, and also people that can make me smile.
5. All Single People are not really single. They have some untold stories.
6. A wise woman once said, “Fuck this shit” and she lived happily ever after.
I am pretty sure that I’m not your dream girl (I’m not Deepika Padukone/Alia Bhatt/Jacqueline after all!) but, trust me, I am the girl who will walk with you to achieve your dreams, apart from the one mentioned above *rolls eyes*.
I am not perfect, but I’ll make sure that our lives are. You’ll have the freedom you need and the space you deserve. Each day with me would be one hell of a ride and yet when you come home, I’ll welcome you with open arms and twinkling eyes. I’ll bid you a warm goodbye when either of us leaves for work, and will not bombard you with those love-filled messages or calls (mostly *wink*). I’ll let you work in peace because that’s what I want from you and together I know, we can make this happen.
You may be scared of marriage and so am I, but marrying an imperfect woman (like *Me*) comes with some added benefits 🙂
1.I’ll not have the same opinion and perspective towards life, and might even have a completely opposite lifestyle, but I’ll not judge you for being who you are and for having dreams that seem worldly impossible.
… Because I know you’ll respect my opinions and make an attempt to understand them.
2. Well, I won’t lie here. I’ll take some time to get ready and dressed up, but when I’m done I’ll look like a proper patola as in total bombshell and I’m going to swoon you in my love each time it happens.
It’ll be worth every second of the wait, you bet!
3. Obviously, I will miss my parents and sometimes resort to crying about being away from them. But none of it will affect the relationship I have with your parents. I’ll love and respect them like my own.
… And I know you’ll make equally enough efforts with my parents too.
4. I might perhaps never be able to cook the earth shaped Rotis, but I’ll accompany you to the best food joints in the city and we’ll eat everything the world has to offer.
Discovering and exploring new places, and trying exotic yet delicious delicacies – that’s the dream, right?
*Update* I started cooking and I’m really enjoying it, recently turned into a healthy lifestyle sorta person.
5. I will argue with you and confront you each time I feel the need, but I’ll never bottle up my emotions, nor let bitterness brew and affect our relationship…
… Because I’m conscious of the fact that an ideal relationship needs constant renovation. I will never give up on ‘us’.
6. There would be times I totally screw up and commit blunders, but I promise, instead of running away from them, I’ll accept them and apologize for them!
… For ‘you’ and ‘our relationship’ mean a lot more than my ego!
7. Often than not, I’ll crib, cry and even complain about the world to you, but each time you’ll need to vent, I’ll be the strong shoulder for you.
I’ll let you unburden yourself and will understand you because I know it’s not a perfect world out there, and we all need time to cool off.
8. I’ll never let a day slip away without creating lasting memories with you. From notes to cards, hugs to kisses, I’ll make every moment special for you.
Because all these memories will make us adore each other even more.
9. With me you’ll always feel handsome, hot, brave, wanted, needed… I’ll treat you exactly as I want you to treat me, never a percent less
We don’t have to wait for the world to validate, as long as we are perfect for each other.
10. I might get too overwhelmed with my emotions at times, and suffer from cryptic mood swings, but I’ll calm down the moment you say, “babe I’m here with you.”
That’s all I would need then!
11. I will understand your hardships and stand by you and help you endure.
… For I have tasted failure too, and I know what it feels like, but even more, I’ve picked myself up and breathed. And as one, we’ll do the same for you.
12. I don’t expect rather want you to be perfect either – that’s too much of a burden to handle.
I’ll rather accept you exactly the way you are – weird, flawed and genuine, like me!
13. And of course, the greatest advantage of getting married to an imperfect woman like myself is that you’ll be spending your life with someone who is authentic and transparent in her thoughts and actions.
…For my flaws and imperfections make me unique and one of my kind.
And a flawed original is still better than a perfect duplicate, right?
Every woman desires skin like a diva but not all are blessed with skin so gorgeous. And so, enter in the picture chemical peels, surgical face-lifts, Botox, or expensive hopes-in-a-jar. But what we tend to forget is to look around us because by simply using some household remedies we can get a beautiful and flawless skin.
Just by using the simple products available in the kitchen of every household, the texture of your skin can be improved.
Follow these simple steps to get your desired skin tone and texture.
1. Keep Yourself Hydrated
Now last but the least is an oldie. We have been always told in order to keep our skin bright and vibrant water level in the body should be maintained. At least 6-8 glasses of water should be taken in order to get rid of the toxins. Lesser the toxins and chemicals in the body the better it is.
2. Let Coffee Do The Trick
Coffee present in the kitchen of every household works wonder for our skin making it smoother and shinier. A handful of coffee (organic is preferable) works as an amazing facial exfoliate and body scrub. It helps remove dead skin cells also the caffeine present tightens and firm pores.
For problems like dry skin add 1-2 tbs of extra virgin olive oil.
3. Wonders Of Aloe Vera
Aloe Vera gel is the definitive solution for all skin related problems. The nourishing and healing properties of Aloe Vera revitalize the skin thereby, giving it a more natural glow. Take 1 tbs of Aloe Vera gel, add a pinch of turmeric, 1 teaspoon of honey and 1 teaspoon of milk to it. Apply this mixture on the face and neck evenly. Leave it until dry. Rinse with lukewarm water and pat dry.
4. Witness The Magic Of Fruits
There are lots of fruits and vegetables that can be applied on the skin that help in keeping the skin healthy. For instance, scrape off the inner peel of banana and apply it on your face, leave it for 15 minutes and then rinse off.
Other fruits and vegetables that can be peeled off and used (inner and fleshy part) are:
Pineapple – instantly brightens the skin,
Citrus Fruits(Oranges, Lemons)- known for their astringent properties,
Potatoes – helps in reducing puffiness
5. Take Regular Massages
Massaging regularly helps increase blood circulation which further improves the firmness of your skin. It also helps reduce the wrinkle formation. However, we should follow the right procedure while massaging for best results.
Start from the chin area,
Then move upwards towards your cheeks, eye area
And then the forehead.
6. Working Out Is The Mantra
Exercising is the key to the healthy skin and body. Unfortunately, these days our routine has become such that the physical work and walks have been taken over by long hours of sitting behind laptop screens and TVs. A tad bit of working out is much needed to keep our body in shape and moving.
Working out also helps the blood transport vital nutrients to the cells in the body, and also helps remove toxins from the body.
7. Power Of Steam
One of the oldest remedies in order to get rid of any skin problems is steaming. Be it acne or anything else weekly steam helps enhance blood circulation and flush the toxins out.
What you need is a pot, stove and a towel. Heat water in a pot and once it done, put it on table. Drape the towel over your head like a tent and lean over the steaming pot. Hold the position for 5-8 minutes and then wash off your face with cool water to close the pores. (You can also add herbs like lavender, chamomile, etc if you like)
8. Take Cooler Showers
Water, too hot, whisks away the moisture from our skin making it too dry or cracked. So, in order to keep the moisture intact, we should avoid taking long hot water showers.
9. Wash Your Makeup Tools
The celebrity makeup artists that give tips on beauty and makeup, strictly suggest that the makeup brushes that we use regularly should be washed at least once a week, or else the bacteria accumulates on them. When we use the dirty brushes on our face, the bacteria react on our skin clogging the pores, outbreaks on skin etc.
So, in order to keep your skin healthy and vibrant, make it a habit to wash your tools with mild shampoo and warm water.
10. Reduce The Intake Of Sweets
Sugar intake should be reduced as sugar and other carbohydrates like white bread; white rice, and etcetera can speed up the zit formation in the body which leads to skin aging.